1982 Matsuura MC-500v Retrofit

More
20 Apr 2017 23:27 #91735 by chopper79
I agree.... Wish G84 was synchronized with motion. G33.1 is, but it is not a canned cycle as G84 is a canned cycle, but its not synced. :(

Wonder how much work would be involved to make G84 sync with motion in the rs274 handler (code) section of lcnc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2017 23:45 #91738 by tommylight
Well......i have no clue. So far been able to do everything i needed in hal and work with what is there.

More
02 May 2017 01:55 #92487 by chopper79
Working on the control panel for the mill. Make some small adjustments and send it out to get laser cut. Then have the stickers made.

Attachments:

More
13 May 2017 04:06 #93120 by chopper79
Working on getting the control panel done. Used all the old switches and LED from the old controls. I did find a used Fanuc 5v jog wheel so decided to buy it and put it on here instead of the 24v one that came with the mill. Little bit more progress I guess as I 3d print out a USB mount for a panel mounted usb port.

Using everything I have sitting around to put this control panel together.

Attachments:

More
13 May 2017 04:59 #93122 by chopper79
3D printed USB cable panel mount adapter for the mill control panel, because I am being cheap and do not want to buy one.

Attachments:

More
13 May 2017 09:03 #93125 by tommylight
Looking nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chopper79

More
16 May 2017 12:16 - 16 May 2017 12:17 #93260 by chopper79
Made a little more progress on the mill. Had a few things go on that were giving me tons of grief, but the users on the IRC channel helped walk me through them. Turns out that they were just small things such as bad ground, signal names changes (happened at some point during different versions of lcnc) and basic things like that. I am pretty close to finishing the mill now.

This for some reason has be all sorts of excited..... ;)

Last edit: 16 May 2017 12:17 by chopper79.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 May 2017 12:55 #93261 by skunkworks
Awesome job! Did you end up rolling your own tool changer logic? I would love to see it.

sam

More
16 May 2017 15:20 #93264 by chopper79
I started with yours to get a good idea on how it all works. Then did my own and surprisingly they are very close to being the same. I have some extra timers in there to allow for longer air blasts if I desire, etc. There is also a few other things such as using the factory tool change limits as a dependency that needs satisfied in order for the atc ladder to even work. So there are a few things different, but not a great deal.

Thanks for letting me see your ladder which gave me a good idea on how classic ladder functions. I am comfortable with CL now enough that I can do many other things in the future.

When I am all finished with the retrofit I will be posting a zip file of my working config for anybody who would like it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Druid_ON

More
16 May 2017 19:20 #93275 by tommylight
Exiting for sure, and very pleased to see it working after a lot of hard work. Now we need to see some chips flying around !
Regards,
Tom

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds