Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
09 Aug 2020 11:31 #177742 by stal
Unfortunately, I use the stock driver and sometimes I run into the UV issue as well. Inside the driver there is a voltage comparator and because of the lack of current I get this issue.
After a close verification of the power cables from the transformer to the driver I have found imperfect contacts, but I have also stumbled upon the situation that after a long time of voltage tracking there were succesive drops in voltage and the internal voltage comparator came through and did the right thing.
I have also noticed that your spindle does not brake right, why is that?
Looking forward to your answer! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2020 00:08 #177784 by ihavenofish
Spindle doesn't not have a mechanical brake. No spindle does that i know of unless its for mill turn. it used huge 1kw resistors. Under power the spindle should start and stop from 6000rpm in 0.2 seconds. If the power fails it will coast.

More
23 Aug 2020 23:41 #179161 by redheadedshanny
Could you fellas with this information reach out to me? If email works better for you guys that would be awesome. I have a 1995 TC229 conversational only and I'd like to convert it so it can be more useable. I also don't want to spam this post for the information I am after. Thanks guys!

More
29 Aug 2020 14:08 #179934 by ihavenofish
spam away, the info helps everyone here.
my machines will be sleeping for a little bit more. i get my new house tuesday, but i wont have a shop/garage with power built for a few more months.

More
29 Aug 2020 14:20 #179935 by ihavenofish
For my tc229, I've removed all electronics. It will be redone from scratch. A few reasons for this:

1: drives and main board uses serial connections, so nothing there is reusable.
2: it does not have a simple relay board like the tc225 does. It has one board, with a lot integrated into it. The relays, the atc braking, and such.

I'll be keeping the drive start up contactor (little square white box with orange button in the middle). I'll be keeping the coolant relay (clear plastic relay middle bottom of cabinet i think). All the sensors of course, and the braking resistors (on top of cabinet) and the big main power switch. I could try to reuse the little power supplies, but with some new DIN supplies handy, i don't see the point for me. Oh, I'll be keeping some of the switches from the front panel too. The E stop etc. Those are expensive to buy new.

The rest goes in the bin (by which i mean, ebay).

If I could decipher the relay board, I might re use it, but it's probably easier to sell it and try to buy the brake pack used in the tc225 (omron) and any generic relay board.

More
24 Sep 2020 18:07 #183614 by ihavenofish
Well, the TC225 is off to a new home.
Hopefully we can help the new owner get it all running under linuxcnc.
:)

More
12 Nov 2020 01:54 #189080 by cakeslob
did you post the 229 for sale? I just noticed a listing matching this description just a few blocks over from my house and was curious

More
16 Nov 2020 16:22 #189518 by blaza84
Hello everyone, my name is Aleksandar from Serbia.
I am new to the world of Linux and I would like to learn from you who are doing serious projects.
Last month I bought Brother TC-221 1986.year.
Currently reporting an error on servo drive for xyz(A7-1-10047-1D Sanyo Denki) and for spindle drive is uses 20BA150FFWB0D REV D from Sanyo Denki.
- I want to replace the old controller, which mesa cards to choose?
- I have a desire to try to run existing drivers if any of you have documentation and want to help me.
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2020 18:04 #189698 by ihavenofish
Sold. I left the listing up in case the guy needed it for reference. i should remove it now.

So now I ain't got no brothers. I do have a house though. A fair trade :P

Ill build a proper workshop in the back yard next year and then see about getting another brother. for now though i needed the space and money. :)

More
18 Nov 2020 18:12 #189700 by ihavenofish

- I have a desire to try to run existing drivers if any of you have documentation and want to help me.

That's the same drive i was using in my tc225 (or very similar). i would just remove it and buy delta B3 motor and drive kits. you will have a very hard time getting the original drive to behave. If the drive is working you can sell it for good money, and be far better off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blaza84

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds