New install of Mesa 7i92 on TCL lathe

More
16 Apr 2022 15:48 #240397 by tommylight
Only .bit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2022 16:01 #240398 by john11668
Have only got as far as .bit file tommy . I think someone else had pointed out that pin file was just for info.
but when i use the mesaflash command for the bit file it comes back as file not found .
So where does the file need to be for the system to find it ?
Do I use the full title 7i92_5ABOBx2D.bit or just 5ABOBx2D.bit or even the full filepath ??

More
16 Apr 2022 16:14 #240399 by robertspark
navigate to where the bit file is (or save it in your home directory) and then start mesaflash and it will find it

More
17 Apr 2022 08:53 #240446 by john11668
Got there and embarked on pncconfig.
Now there is a whole new pond to jump into

More
19 Apr 2022 19:13 #240674 by john11668

then you start up the pncconf programme (to configure linuxcnc and these Mesa card to see each other and create the configuration files)

basically, start the pncconf and work your way through the dialogues and it will create the config files.

That sounds  all very simple Robert  until I try it 
Also it is a program that that does not let you save until you get all the way through 
And then it stops if you do not have all the info and wont let you proceed . .
So all in all I am not finding it easy .   
If I knew what it was going to ask for , (before I set out )  then I might have half a chance 
Any chance I could make contact to discuss with you??

More
21 Apr 2022 19:10 #240808 by john11668

get a cheap usb WiFi dongle for internet connection. the ethernet is much more important for dedicated regular CNC communication

So I have ordered a "dongle " and I have an adaptor which permits connection of the lan cable from my router , into a USB port and am using that awaiting the dongle . . Still shows no internet connection and I suspect dongle will show the same , so how do I set up a connection so that I can download stuff onto linux machine .?

More
21 Apr 2022 21:37 #240817 by tommylight
What Linux version?

More
21 Apr 2022 22:09 #240824 by john11668

More
More
22 Apr 2022 00:06 - 22 Apr 2022 03:24 #240841 by ALittleOffTheRails
What version of Mint, it's always good to know.

So would it be safe to assume that this "adapter" is a USB to LAN adapter ?

If you could supply as much info as possible regarding the USB to LAN adapter that would be great. It will help determining if a driver is available.
Prefably the output of the following.
sudo lsusb

If the command is not found you will need to install usbutils:
sudo apt-get install usbutils

Once you get to a stage where you have more than one network adapter (this means any combination of Wifi\Ehernet or whatever) you need to tell the system how to configure each adapter, it does not know automagically how to do that.

Just remember to keep your Mesa card and home network on different segments.
ie Mesa may be on 10.10.10.xxx and your Home network on 192.168.1.xxx
Only the home network with require the use of a Gateway & DNS server, the Mesa network requires neither.
This is an article on how to setup a network using Mint. Now remember not to change the network settings for the network that connects to your MESA card. This may or may not pertain to your Version of Linux Mint.
linuxhint.com/network-configuration-linux-mint/

Remember also that if you have a spare PCi\PCIe slot inside the computer you do not need to use a USB adapter, there is the option to use a appropriate internal network adapter.[/code][/code]
Last edit: 22 Apr 2022 03:24 by ALittleOffTheRails.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.605 seconds