Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
01 Jan 2014 06:11 #42251 by cmorley
The widget 'dro_x1' s missing from the glade file

dro_x1 is the HAL_DRO widget for displaying the absolute X axis

Maybe you deleted it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2014 07:08 #42253 by LAIR82
It only says that when I select expand in glade on the 3 items you said to click on to expand the left side to fill in the gap at the bottom where the onscreen keyboard would be.

I moved a fresh copy of the file into my config, tried again and it says the same thing.

More
02 Jan 2014 09:39 #42272 by cmorley
Are you using a RIP compiled from sources? If so:
When you edit the GLADE file, you must start GLADE from the terminal after . scripts/rip_environment (in the linuxcnc directory)

That tells GLADE about the special widgets. The DRO widgets won't even show up other wise.
Could be the trouble.

Chris M

More
02 Jan 2014 21:24 #42283 by LAIR82

Are you using a RIP compiled from sources? If so:
When you edit the GLADE file, you must start GLADE from the terminal after . scripts/rip_environment (in the linuxcnc directory)

That tells GLADE about the special widgets. The DRO widgets won't even show up other wise.
Could be the trouble.

Chris M

Its funny how things work as they should when following the proper procedures.

Worked fine, and back to what I was wanting it to look like.

Thanks

Rick
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2014 14:10 #42308 by cmorley
Excellent.
I've even done that myself :)

Chris M

More
23 Jan 2014 08:39 - 23 Jan 2014 09:55 #43098 by jbunch
Chris,

Norbert said this was your baby.

Working with the tool table today. There are a couple of things.

When adding new tool or editing the TAB key should add the number into the location and then move to the net entry location for entry of the next number.
When I try to touchoff X or Z it takes me out of the tool editor and does not enter this number into the tool table. It should input the actual machine locaton into the tool table.
When I have a tool already entered into the tool table when I try to touchoff Z I receive a conversion error. Wrong entry for touchoff Z.

Is there anyway when setup for the lathe that you can put up the diagram for tool Orientation. I have to grab a piece of paper every time I setup a new tool.
Also is there anyway to rename the fields to make sense for turning tools.

T - tool number - integer, 0-99999 (you can have a large number of tools in inventory)
P - pocket number - integer, 1-99999 (tool table has a lower number of entries, currently 56)
D - tool diameter - floating-point, absolute value
X..W - tool length offset on specified axis - floating-point
I - front angle (lathe only) - floating-point
J - back angle (lathe only) - floating-point
Q - tool orientation (lathe only) - integer, 0-9

More playing with the tool table.

It should only allow one tool to be selected checked at a time.

The check box should check if you touch anywhere on a line for a tool.

Thanks between you and Norbert lifes good.
Jim
Last edit: 23 Jan 2014 09:55 by jbunch.

More
23 Jan 2014 15:00 - 23 Jan 2014 15:05 #43099 by newbynobi
Halo Jim,

there are several points, in your complain, some are glade widget related and some are gmoccapy isues.
Thats why I asked you for some time in the gmoccapy thread.

I will check all your points of view and than I will discuse with Chris how to fix or change thinks to work.
It does not mean on every point that they will be included or changed, because there are a lot of users, with different points of view and we will try to make all happy, what is not easy ;-)

So please be patient.

at least this seems to be gmoccapy issues:

When I try to touchoff X or Z it takes me out of the tool editor and does not enter this number into the tool table. It should input the actual machine locaton into the tool table.
When I have a tool already entered into the tool table when I try to touchoff Z I receive a conversion error. Wrong entry for touchoff Z.

May be they are related to locale settings, what locale are you using?

Norbert
Last edit: 23 Jan 2014 15:05 by newbynobi. Reason: added a additional comment

More
23 Jan 2014 16:40 #43102 by cmorley

Chris,

Norbert said this was your baby.

Working with the tool table today. There are a couple of things.

When adding new tool or editing the TAB key should add the number into the location and then move to the net entry location for entry of the next number.

Is there anyway when setup for the lathe that you can put up the diagram for tool Orientation. I have to grab a piece of paper every time I setup a new tool.
Also is there anyway to rename the fields to make sense for turning tools.

T - tool number - integer, 0-99999 (you can have a large number of tools in inventory)
P - pocket number - integer, 1-99999 (tool table has a lower number of entries, currently 56)
D - tool diameter - floating-point, absolute value
X..W - tool length offset on specified axis - floating-point
I - front angle (lathe only) - floating-point
J - back angle (lathe only) - floating-point
Q - tool orientation (lathe only) - integer, 0-9

More playing with the tool table.

It should only allow one tool to be selected checked at a time.

The check box should check if you touch anywhere on a line for a tool.

Thanks between you and Norbert lifes good.
Jim

1)I experimented a bit with TAB key and so far not working great, but using the enter key did work...Are you really set on the TAB key?
2) Touch off - So you want to highlight a tool and then touch off to enter each axis directly. (this does seem reasonable)
If you touch off with the say Gmoccapy it will update the tooleditor, but I believe you must uncheck the selected tool and wait a second.
Why do you need to select the tool in the tool editor yet touch off with gmoccapy? Oh wait the tooleditor is how Gmoccapy selects the tool isn't it...
Sorry I'm not very familiar with how Gmoccapy does things.
Ok I have a couple ideas to look at for that. First off when the tool select is checked it suspense the tooleditor from checking to see if linuxcnc
has changed the tool offsets (eg through touchoff) I could look at not suspending that again. Other wise I could add some code to have Gmoccapy to it directly....
3) have to explain in more detail how this happens.
4) orientation diagram - hmm like a pop up? This is something Norbert could add to Gmoccapy maybe I could add a tab ...hmmm
5) renaming fields -not sure what you mean - all those fields are available - or do you want something else?
6) 7) yes I can probably get rid of the checkboxes - like the offset editor... this mat screw updating of offsets...works with 2)

One other problem is I actual have not used a tool table so the desired work flow is not completely clear to me.
The Okuma lathe I used had a reference tool and tool offsets were based on it. Well actually it had two front and back but linuxcnc doesn't support that.
It had mirror image capability.

The tooleditor was one of my first widgets and was patterned after AXIS's tool editor, I've learned more since so will try to look at these things.
though I am fairly busy with Pncconf refactor....

Chris M

More
24 Jan 2014 01:07 #43111 by newbynobi
Halo Chris, halo Jim,

item 1.
could that help?
walk through cells with tab
may be in connection with:
glib connect bevore

item 2 and 3:
This seems to be gmoccapy issues, let me check on that

item 4:
I don't see the need for that at the moment. I have the idea to include in gmoccapy an toll edit dialog, what will also include small icons for the tool, information about cut length and no. of flutes and so on, as some of the information will be needed by shopfloorpro. When I really do that, I may include lathe tool diagrams.

item 5:
Jim: I do not understand what is wrong? All the information is visible and the columns are named accordingly?

item 6 and 7:
I would like that one too, no check boxes, only unique selection and a click on each cell will highlight the row.

Norbert

More
04 Feb 2014 21:06 #43537 by LAIR82
Hello Guys,

Our third Turning center is up and running now for about 3 weeks, all three using gscreen industrial,

The shop supervisor noticed something on this build that the up, down arrow keys do not work while in edit mode, making it a little interesting trying to make multiple edits to a long program.

Any Ideas? Maybe something on my end?

Thanks Rick

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds