Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

• cx4359481
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2014 09:26 #46298 by cx4359481
Replied by cx4359481 on topic Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen
XYUV?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2014 12:34 #46301 by cmorley
Gscreen with the default skin can display that combination.
It will adjust itself to what axes are defined in the INI file.

Though I can't say I've tested that particular combination ( or any lately)

Chris M

• cx4359481
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Apr 2014 16:49 #46303 by cx4359481
Replied by cx4359481 on topic Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen
GEOMETRY = xyuv
FOAM =1

[TRAJ]

AXES = 9
COORDINATES = X Y U V

[AXIS_0]-[AXIS_8]

HALFILE = core_sim9.hal
HALFILE = axis_manualtoolchange.hal
HALFILE = simulated_home.hal
HALFILE = locking_indexer.hal

foam.ngc UV?

More
11 Jun 2014 02:24 #47857 by mariusl
Excuse the silly question here late in the game. I need to understand how Gscreen intended to use jogging. (MPG or switches?)

I currently have a joystick with four switches each connected to a axis plus or minus jogging input on Gmoccapy. Loaded Gscreen but found that I dont have inputs to jog with other than on the Halui jog inputs. I need to jog with the set increments.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jun 2014 13:14 #47872 by cmorley
Not a silly question at all.

I am not sure what 'skin' of Gscreen you are using but I'll assume the default one.

You can use touchscreen buttons, MPG or switches for jogging.
You could also use keyboard shortcuts or an keyboard emulator.

for switches HALUI would be used.
Gscreen has a pin to gives the on screen increments: gscreen.jog-increment-out
It will be set to 0 when continuous is selected.
It seems there is not a pin to give the continuous jog rate. That's a bug I guess.

Personally I would use a switch to select jog increments / rate but you can use the on screen buttons - they may be awkward to use.

Feed back is welcome.

Chris M

More
11 Jun 2014 14:39 - 11 Jun 2014 14:40 #47876 by mariusl
Hi Chris

I am using the default skin in lathe mode.
The continues jog speed would be very handy as I hard code that now in the HAL file. What would also be handy is if some of the buttons are exposed to the user end of things. One can the emulate the screen button but from a HAL pin.
Or better even, some HAL pins that will do the jogging from an external button.

INPUT PINS
gscreen.0.jog.plus
gscreen.0.jog.minus
:
:
gscreen.?.jog.plus
gscreen.?.jog.minus

OUTPUT PINS
gscreen.jog.max-vel
gscreen.jog.speed
gscreen.jog.enabled (global - to inhibit illegal jogging in wrong mode)

Some of these functions might be a duplication but from a practical point of view might be very helpful. In my case, I have a lathe that has a simple joystick for jogging and a START and PAUSE button. That is all. So in order to jog one can connect the joystick to the HALUI pins and just jog to the set jog speed. This way you cannot use jogging to control the tool for touch off etc.
An input pin for every axis plus and minus jogging will go very far in solving the problem. I guess that a small component will sort out the rest.

If there is any other way to achieve this please let me know and I will explore that.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 11 Jun 2014 14:40 by mariusl.

More
11 Jun 2014 15:43 #47880 by mariusl
Chris
Will it work if I write a component to handle the jogging through the HALUI pins? Then we need only to get the jog speed from Gscreen and the rest can be done via HALUI.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
11 Jun 2014 18:51 - 11 Jun 2014 18:53 #47893 by mariusl
I have written a demultiplexer component that will connect the joystick pins to HALUI jog increment pins. The HALUI increment value is obtained from the Gscreen.jog-increment-out pin.
HALUI jog does not work when the increment is set to 0 as would be the case when the jog continues is selected. I use a comparator to look at the jog-increment value and if it compares to 0, it sets the output of the comparator. The comparator output is connected to the select pin of a 1 to 2 demultiplexer that will connect the jog pins directly to the gcsreen jog pins only in the case of when jogging continues is selected. In all other cases HALUI will jog at the selected increment (from screen button)

All that is needed now is the jog-speed pin that will connect to HALUI jog-speed

I hope this makes sense.

EDIT: come to think of it, I dont know if the pin is needed now.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 11 Jun 2014 18:53 by mariusl.

More
11 Jun 2014 18:59 #47894 by andypugh

I have written a demultiplexer component that will connect the joystick pins to HALUI jog increment pins..

Is this different from: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/bitslice.9.html ?

More
11 Jun 2014 19:35 #47897 by mariusl
Yes it is just a comp that take one bit in and connects it to a bit out. The number of which is determined by the select pin value. The opposite of a multiplexer.

It solves a specific problem with jogging controls on the Gscreen when you do not use a MPG. Using this method (that I will post once tested fully), I can jog at the screen selected increment but making use of HALUI as the Gscreen does not have external jog pins. Apart from the MPG interface. This way I can jog with a simple joystick and have the on screen functionality of the increment settings.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds