RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

More
09 Feb 2023 03:03 #264093 by beaker152

As a first step, can you try with rx-usecs set to 0?

this might've done the trick--i've run the gcode through 3 times in a row without the "error finishing read" popping up again, although i did have a couple of following errors show up...   

i'll run it a few more times, but this seems to have been a big improvement, thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2023 03:24 #264095 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC
You might check this for following errors:

More
09 Feb 2023 05:18 #264100 by beaker152

You might check this for following errors:

interesting--so, for reasons i don't understand, my rpi 4 doesn't seem to find my mesa board when wifi is on, so i have to disable it when
running linuxcnc, so any of the following errors have been happening when disconnected from the internet...

that being said, i did the ntp install and verified its running and will run my gcode again (without internet)...

can anyone tell me how to set the rpi 4 to allow both wifi and ethernet simultaneously?

thanks!

More
09 Feb 2023 09:41 #264122 by elovalvo

can anyone tell me how to set the rpi 4 to allow both wifi and ethernet simultaneously?

thanks!

www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/comput...nfiguring-networking

forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=329164

More
09 Feb 2023 14:50 #264139 by beaker152

As a first step, can you try with rx-usecs set to 0?
this might've done the trick--i've run the gcode through 3 times in a row without the "error finishing read" popping up again, although i did have a couple of following errors show up...   

i'll run it a few more times, but this seems to have been a big improvement, thank you!

well, i ran it one more time and got the "error finishing read" problem again, so it seems that there is still an issue.

is it correct that this indicates a 5.x kernel?
linuxcnc@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 5.15.65-rt49-v8+ #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Tue Sep 6 18:12:35 BST 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

i inferred there may be some concern about 5.x on another thread:
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/4691...error-finishing-read

do we know if anyone has tried a 6.x kernel build on a raspberry pi?

More
09 Feb 2023 16:05 #264143 by elovalvo

do we know if anyone has tried a 6.x kernel build on a raspberry pi?

I'm currently experimenting on a Raspberry Pi 400 with a version of linux 6.0.15-rt14-v8+ compiled by me.
The Debian release is this
$lsb_release -a 
No LSB modules are available. 
Distributor ID: Debian 
Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid 
Releases: n/a 
Codename: bookworm

was obtained by upgrading the RaspiOS bullseye to bookworm

The LinuxCNC version is 2.10.0pre, also compiled by me.

In this configuration, contrary to the one present on Debian (raspi.debian.net/daily-images/), the hal_pi_gio module works properly.
I don't have Mesa cards so I can't tell you if it works with this one.

The results look interesting

Attachments:

More
09 Feb 2023 16:13 #264145 by beaker152

thanks!

i see that my wifi router Default Gateway is 10.0.0.1 and my Mesa 7i96s is set up with IP address of 10.10.10.10...   is that a conflict that must be resolved to have wifi on while being actively connected to the Mesa card?

More
09 Feb 2023 16:34 #264147 by beaker152
is there a way to replace the 5.x kernel i have currently with that 6.0.15 kernel? or would i have to recompile/rebuild the whole thing from scratch?

i found some build instructions here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...mpt-rt-kernel#259347
and tried it the other day, but it seems that script didn't run to completion for me as written and i didn't have enough time to sort out all the edits required to get the last 2% working...

cheers!

More
09 Feb 2023 16:50 - 09 Feb 2023 16:51 #264148 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

thanks!

i see that my wifi router Default Gateway is 10.0.0.1 and my Mesa 7i96s is set up with IP address of 10.10.10.10...   is that a conflict that must be resolved to have wifi on while being actively connected to the Mesa card?

It could be a conflict if you did not configure the host netmask to a /24 mask (so LinuxCNC ends up routing packets out the wifi interface)

Last edit: 09 Feb 2023 16:51 by PCW.

More
09 Feb 2023 17:04 #264151 by tommylight
The default subnet for 10.n.n.n is /8, so PCW's advice to set it to /24 is very good.
There might be an issue if you are using WiCD to configure and connect to networks as it does not allow 2 connections at the same time, so removing WiCD and installing network-manager should fix that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds