My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
02 Jun 2020 18:16 #169852 by dvn4life1972

i would write my own square in gcode. Its likely a bug in the shape gcodegenerated

Rod, it also did this today on a part I had programmed.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2020 18:16 #169853 by rodw
I don't think master is your issue. I upgraded my mast config yesterday and the day before and it cuts fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
02 Jun 2020 18:19 #169854 by rodw

i would write my own square in gcode. Its likely a bug in the shape gcodegenerated

Then likely something mechanical or missing steps. YOU could try halving your X & Y acceleration in the ini file.

More
02 Jun 2020 18:37 - 02 Jun 2020 18:37 #169856 by dvn4life1972

Then likely something mechanical or missing steps. YOU could try halving your X & Y acceleration in the ini file.

I'm confident it isn't mechanical at this point. That would leave missing steps or some other unforeseen thing. I'll try halving the acceleration as recommended and see if that helps.

Edit: Think it could be one of the drivers?
Last edit: 02 Jun 2020 18:37 by dvn4life1972.

More
02 Jun 2020 18:42 #169858 by Mike_Eitel
Im fasinated by the perfect round of your start. Do you have some starting code in your ini file?

More
02 Jun 2020 20:44 #169866 by dvn4life1972

Im fasinated by the perfect round of your start. Do you have some starting code in your ini file?

No I don't. Could be just from me holding down the marker during probing.

More
02 Jun 2020 21:03 #169867 by Mike_Eitel
Sorry if i ask again.
Realy? No g code presets, no plane changes, no switching tool, no diameter in tool table? For me that looks like an offset.
Mike

More
02 Jun 2020 23:08 #169881 by phillc54
Well the gcode seems to be correct. Looks a lot like backlash or lost steps in the Y axis.

Run the Y axis back and foward and measure the results

More
02 Jun 2020 23:21 #169885 by dvn4life1972

Well the gcode seems to be correct. Looks a lot like backlash or lost steps in the Y axis.

Run the Y axis back and foward and measure the results

I've been re-resquaring the gantry. Between adjustments I run the gantry and Z to the opposite corner of the table at 900ipm, then back to home and measure from the end of the rail to the gantry plates on both sides of the Y. It returns to the exact same position every single time. Wtf am I missing here lol.

More
02 Jun 2020 23:30 #169887 by dvn4life1972
Phil I don't think it's backlash. I do think it's lost steps somehow. Could it possibly be a driver? It's definitely not EMI-related whatever the issue is. I think I've run out of mechanical things it could be, although I did find a lot of things needing tightening up and adjusting along the way (and did so). The electronics enclosure has been shut for the last couple of weeks, so nothing going on inside...although I did peek in there yesterday and had to change the microstepping on 3 of the drivers. I could order another driver and even if that's not the issue it'll give me a spare.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds