My Newb Plasma Table Attempted Build

More
03 Jun 2020 01:36 #169901 by dvn4life1972

post your ini file too so we can check you made the right changes..

You guys are VERY wise double-checking my file changes :laugh:

Phil - I did the test again (Y+ 2", Y- 2") AND changed what Tommy had asked and it is exactly 2" both directions this time. Going to do it again.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2020 02:06 #169904 by rodw
Sounds like the accel was too high. On long moves this can check out OK when testing but in the real world with short, sharp direction changes, it can skip steps. (Ask me how I know? something about massive z axis crashes....)

One more suggested change would be to remove or comment out this line for X & Y axis. Its only needed for the Z as its the only one that uses external offsets.
OFFSET_AV_RATIO = 0.5

But after you do this, halve the velocity and acceleration settings you have becasue this setting currently reserves 50% of the axis velocity AND acceleration for external offset use.

It will only confuse you if you ever have to come back to this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
03 Jun 2020 02:19 - 03 Jun 2020 02:26 #169905 by dvn4life1972

Sounds like the accel was too high. On long moves this can check out OK when testing but in the real world with short, sharp direction changes, it can skip steps. (Ask me how I know? something about massive z axis crashes....)

One more suggested change would be to remove or comment out this line for X & Y axis. Its only needed for the Z as its the only one that uses external offsets.
OFFSET_AV_RATIO = 0.5

But after you do this, halve the velocity and acceleration settings you have becasue this setting currently reserves 50% of the axis velocity AND acceleration for external offset use.

I just tried to cut another test square and same thing happened again. So change max velocity and acceleration...ok. I hope it doesn't go crazy again like it did before, it had me worried that it was going to chew the teeth off the belts.

Edit: Just to be clear, in the ini file I posted for you these are the settings I reverted to after Tommy explained to me where to change those before. I had only changed acceleration (from 30.0 to 15.0 on each joint, but didn't change the axis values - oops). So I'm now going into it and changing the axis max vel and accel in half, and at each joint as well. Is this what you meant for me to do?
Last edit: 03 Jun 2020 02:26 by dvn4life1972. Reason: Clarification

More
03 Jun 2020 02:39 #169906 by dvn4life1972
I tried it and it's doing crazy shit again. About ready to use this thing for target practice. I don't get why it worked just fine and then with no change to anything other than consumables and a software update (not saying those are the cause) it suddenly had this issue and hasn't not had the issue since.

More
03 Jun 2020 03:14 #169907 by phillc54

OFFSET_AV_RATIO = 0.5

X and Y axis both use this for Consumable Change
The following user(s) said Thank You: dvn4life1972

More
03 Jun 2020 04:25 #169909 by rodw

X and Y axis both use this for Consumable Change

Oops looks like I was the one confused! It just shows how many features Plasmac has! (Not one I use)

More
03 Jun 2020 04:27 #169910 by phillc54
From memory, I think that was for Stefan.

More
03 Jun 2020 04:33 #169911 by rodw

From memory, I think that was for Stefan.

Yeh, I got long arms so I can reach! His table is much wider.... I think I used the button for something else...

More
03 Jun 2020 14:20 #169944 by dvn4life1972
I must not be changing my velocity and acceleration correctly, because it gives me a lot of errors during homing when I start it up and try to set up.

More
03 Jun 2020 14:23 #169945 by dvn4life1972
I'm thinking maybe it could be a latency issue after all...? I occasionally get a latency error message prompting me to reconfigure that, but it never lead to this issue until recently (if that's what the cause is). Maybe it's my laptop and I need a different PC?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds